I cooked this spicy grilled chicken cutlet parm sandwich on my Big Green Egg this weekend. I was craving a good chicken cutlet parm, wanted it spicy, and since I had a great looking loaf of Italian bread laying on the counter, I figured why not.
I trimmed the chicken breasts then seasoned them with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Once the grill was hot I cooked them for about 5 minutes on each side. I added some fresh mozzarella about a minute or so before the chicken was done so it would melt a bit. I also toasted the bread slightly.
Then I put the sandwich together and added some of my spicy sauce.
The sandwiches came out great and I used the extra sauce for spaghetti the next day.
- 2 - 28ox cans of peeled tomatoes
- ¾ TSP crushed red pepper
- 1 TSP Basil
- 1 TSP Oregano
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- ½ Cup red wine
- ½ TSP Paprika
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, add the onions and stir until they soften a bit.
- Add the garlic.
- Crush the peeled tomatoes, I crush them by hand because it gives me a nice chunky texture.
- add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Let it cook slowly for at least a half hour, then add any more spices to adjust the flavor.